Three Forks of the Kentucky River Historical Association

The History of Owsley County

Wagon

Land of Legend
by Joyce Wilson
Historical Sketches
by Fred W. Gabbard
In the Kentucky Encyclopedia
John E. Kleber, Editor in Chief
Historical Markers


Courthouse

Jockey Combs (horseback) on Jockey Street, ca 1926. This is the first Courthouse of Booneville, that burned in 1929. Records that remained after the rebels destroyed many of them in 1864, perished in the fire of 1929.






Search Our Site
advanced

Home       Contact Us       Archive Index       Membership


Serving Breathitt, Clay, Jackson, Knox, Lee, Leslie, Owsley, Perry, & Wolfe Counties
Site Created by Sherry Lynn Baker
Copyright ©2005-2022